ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Picasso-Style Cubist Portraits


This is another Picasso inspired project that my Grade 5's were quite reluctant about- not many modern art fans in that class! We completed the "Le Coq" rooster project a while back and they disliked it, called it the 'Ugly Chicken" project... Again, they weren't a fan of Picasso's Cubist portraits and cringed and said how weird they all looked when I showed them a slideshow of his work to start off the lesson. C'est La Vie!!

Nonetheless, I think they did a wonderful job with the project! I told them to make their portraits as weird and strange and unusual as possible- different sized eyes looking in different directions, splitting up the face, crazy hair, unusual colours etc. 

They drew these in pencil on black construction paper first, then coloured them in with oil pastels. Outlining with a thick line of black oil pastel was the finishing touch.









2 comments:

Di-G said...

These are absolutely lovely

Andy Morris said...

Outstanding! These children really created some wonderful work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...