ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Scarecrow Illustrations


Here are some adorable scarecrow illustrations made by my Grade 2's. The goal was to have them add as many details as possible- to show them that details add interest to a work of art. We want the picture to tell a story and we want the viewer to spend time looking at their artwork. 

We started off by looking at photos of actual scarecrow and noting the different types of detail on them (patches, plaid shirt, old, ratty clothing, some type of hat, straw, etc). 
They drew these on 12x18" pale blue construction paper. Then they outlined them in Sharpie and finally coloured them using construction paper crayons.
All in all, this took about 4- 40 minute periods.















2 comments:

ArtMuse said...

These are adorable. I like how big and bright they are, There's such a difference between regular crayons and c.p. crayons, I could tell that thats what you used before I even read the description. I'm always pushing my students to add details too, but your kids were really successful with them here.

Miss said...

Thanks ArtMuse! I know, I love construction paper crayons- they're like the perfect combination of a wax crayon and an oil pastel :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...